Beginners DSLR Photography
Taking your Digital SLR to the next stage (and out of Auto)
Please contact us to find out the dates of the next course
So many have invested in an DSLR camera with the aspirations to become a better photographer, but never take the camera out of automatic mode. This is the perfect photography training course for you to take more control of your camera and get dramatic results. This 1 day training course is split into two main parts.
Morning: This is the theory side of the day aimed at removing a lot of the confusion with getting to grips with your camera.
- What all the different settings on your camera actually mean
- What is exposure and how to get it right
- De-mystifying White Balance, ISO, Shutter Speed, Aperture, etc
- Achieving sharp images
- F-Stops, what they are and what affect they have on the images
- RAW vs JPEG image format. What’s the difference?
- Composing your images including using the Rule of Thirds
- What is a histogram and how to read it?
- Shooting in fully manual mode
- Downloading and editing your images
- Using your in-camera light meter
This is when you get to put everything you have learned into practice with a photo walk. You will have the opportunity to photograph a range of different styles from landscapes, still life, wildlife (if they behave) and anything else that takes your fancy. I will be on hand to help and advise on how to consistently improve throughout the day.
We will then review images and have a Q&A before you go out in the world to take better pictures.
Training Course Price £149.00 including handouts
Starting at 9am, we will finish about 5 depending on questions.
Gift Vouchers are available for that perfect gift