Next Wedding Photography & Business Training Courses:
Please contact me for the next dates
This is a 2 day packed training course where I talk openly about my entire wedding photography business. This will include how I took my business from picking up a camera 6 years ago for the first time; through to 50+ weddings a year, winning awards and being the wedding photography for the BBC’s One Show. (Click HERE to see my One Show appearance) You will also get to understand how I photograph a wedding and leave with your own portfolio of images.
Day 1 – The Business of Wedding Photography
On Day 1, I will run through my entire business. This will cover marketing, communications, website and workflow. This will all be a very interactive classroom based session with plenty of opportunities to ask questions about any of the subjects covered.
- Getting started as a wedding photographer
- Creating packages that work for you and your couples
- Marketing through referrals, word of mouth, social marketing, wedding fairs and blogging
- Responding to enquiries
- Consultations with couples
- The products that I promote
- Paperwork including contracts, data management, emails, letters, etc
- My pricing structure and the packages I offer for current and previous packages
- Workflow from initial enquiry through to final delivery including contracts and other communications
- My kit bag
- My approach with everyone throughout the day from the bride and groom to registrars and DJ’s
The day will finish with beers in the bar and will be a great chance to socialise with like-minded photographers and ask each other and myself endless geeky and business questions.
Day 2 – How I shoot a wedding / Portfolio Day
On day 2, I will describe my approach to photographing a wedding. I will talk through a wide range of images and how they were photographed. This will not only include the technical part of photographing but the approach that I take to get myself in the right place.
Using live models, I will then go through each part of the wedding day and my approach to photographing it. After I have demonstrated my approach and taken images, you will have the opportunity to build your own portfolio with a bride and groom.
I will show how I look for natural light as well as using off camera flash and video light to get key images throughout a wedding day as well as those natural moments.
Day 2 Afternoon – Editing images in Lightroom and Photoshop
In the afternoon, I will show how I select and edit images (using images taken that morning) and then go through my post processing in Lightroom and Photoshop.
- Importing Images into Lightroom
- Selecting Images
- Utilising Presets
- White Balance
- Editing Styles
- Removing Fire Exit signs and similar
- Exporting images in high resolution, low resolution and for online use with watermarks
- Delivery of images to the bride and groom
- Following up after the wedding
Evening – BAR
The evening will be another chance to meet and swap ideas plus ask any other geeky or business questions.
Who Should attend:
This is a course for those that have already started or are about to start in business as a wedding photographer. The day is very much led by the delegates and I will answer every question. You should be more than comfortable with your using your DSLR camera (which you should bring on the course along with all your lenses and flashes).
Course Price: £395 to include 3 course lunch on both days, hand outs, Lightroom Presets, Templates and sample images to use as a reference for your future weddings.
There is a strict limit on the amount of places available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place and I will send you all the details.
Any questions, call me on 07903 798 755